- Tax bills are mailed (generally) the first business day after Christmas.
- Payments are due without penalty by January 31st. A valid, clear postmark is accepted, HOWEVER, if using a Payment Processing company (online banking), the check MUST arrive by January 31st as there is no postmark.
- Payments can be made using cash or check payable to: Jackson Tax Collector (648 Skellie Road, Salem, NY 12865).
- The Town of Jackson does NOT have the capability to accept debit card or credit card payments.
- In early April (date varies), any unpaid taxes are turned over to the Washington County Treasurer at which point, property owners must contact the Washington County Treasurer at 518-746-2220 for updated amount due.
School taxes(The Town does not accept school tax payments)
- The school districts mail tax bills generally around Labor Day.
- The bills will specify if the school or a designated bank is collecting the payments.
- Check the bill for specific due date.
Cambridge Central School Tax Collector 518-677-2653
Greenwich Central School Tax Collector 518-692-9542 x6805
Salem Central School Tax Collector 518-854-7532